Complete your application online!
We’ve optimized our application process for mobile platforms, making it easier and more accessible than ever.
Make sure to read all information on this page carefully before starting an application, and review information about the program here. If you still need help, contact the designated Training Coordinator(s) for your island.
The next Oahu Open Recruitment will take place February 28 – March 06, 2022. Online applications for neighbor islands are accepted daily (no end period).
*All dates subject to change.
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Be able to lift:
- Carpenter apprentice: 75 lbs.
- Drywall apprentice: 100 lbs.
- Millwright apprentice: 75 lbs.
- Be able to perform the essential duties of the trade
- Be able to legally work in the U.S.
- Pass an online math assessment (practice here) and interview
Additional Requirement for Oahu
- In addition to the above, applicants on Oahu must complete an in-person pre-selection screening.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or reference letters vouching for 1,000 hours of trade-related work
- Legal photo identification card (e.g. driver’s license, state ID, passport)
*If you do not have access to a computer or a stable internet connection, please reserve computer use with the American Job Center after you receive a time slot for the math assessment. Call (808) 768-5715 to make an appointment.